Created attachment 1242286 [details]
Description of problem:
I tried to import a VM from VmWare and it failed. The error message is very confusing. It states:
> All chosen VMs couldn't be retrieved by the external system and therefore have been filtered. Please see log for details.
* It says "have been filtered". If it means filtered from the right column of selected VMs below (see screenshot) then there is a bug because the only selected VM was still there. If it means filtered from the import procedure, then I'd like to to see something like "filtered from import procedure" to avoid doubts.
* List of names of failing VMs or missing, or the failing VMs are not marked in any way.
* Me message refers to a "log". I guess that it means engine log. It would be nice to be explicit because it also might be host log (or even "Events" window at the bottom of webadmin).
* None of engine log, host log or "Events" window contained any hint why the import have failed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
4.2 master, commit 461eb97
100% if there is non-importable VM in a Vmware
Steps to Reproduce:
1. main tab VMs > click "Import" toolbar button
2. fill in VmWare instance, click load
3. move non-importable VM to the second column, click ok
* Message is shown, but it's ambiguous
* No log message relates to the import failure
* user can recognize what vms failed
* user knows what log to check
* that log actually contains something relevant
* message unambiguously states if "filtered" relates only to import or also to deletion from the second column in the UI
Created attachment 1242287 [details]
logs generated between "ok" button was clicked and the error message appeared
Created attachment 1242289 [details]
Marking as duplicate of 1395629 and inside adding a note that this also should be considered so we will have all remarks under one bug.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1395629 ***