FailedQA with Sat6.3 snap 19 and puppet-3.8.6-4 on client.
1) [client]# puppet agent -t --server <server_FQDN> --certname `hostname -s`
2) [server]# puppet cert sign <client_short_hostname>
3) [client]# systemctl start puppet
4) [client]# puppet agent -t --server <server_FQDN> --certname `hostname -s`
5) In WebUI, select any org, any context, go to Hosts->All Hosts. The host's name is client's FQDN.
Upstream bug assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Removing upstream issue as it seems completely unrelated.
The issue attached to this bug was not correct, and the original bz that this was cloned from is still ASSIGNED, moving this one back to assigned.
Lukas, I would like to point out that you failed_qa this not because the issue wasn't fixed, but because the reproducer steps were not fully adequate. Foreman will always use whatever 'facter fqdn' returns for its host name. I would recommend in the future a need_info in this case. I believe the user's system was configured such that 'hostname -f' returned the short name.
the behavior you describe in comment #2 is exactly the same between 6.2 and 6.3 if 'hostname -f' returns the fqdn.
Thank you for your interest in Satellite 6. We have evaluated this request, and we do not expect this to be implemented in the product in the foreseeable future. We are therefore closing this out as WONTFIX. If you have any concerns about this, please feel free to contact Rich Jerrido or Bryan Kearney. Thank you.