Description of problem:
No cpuscaling test items found after we enable os control mode of power management.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. change ‘Operating Modes’ setting to ‘Custom Mode’ in UEFI
2. change ‘Power/Performance Bias’ to ‘OS Controlled’
3. Install RHEL 7.3 OS
4. Install Testkit
5. Use rhcert testkit to plan test items
No cpuscaling test items found
There should be a cpu scaling item
CPU:SKYLAKE 1.8G 165W B0 QL1F 28C 38.5MB/2666 x 4
Memory:MI 64G/2666V 1R*8 MTA9ASF1G72PZ-2G6B1 * 32 (Total: 2T)
Have you been able to recreate this issue on more then one type of physical system?
Please attach a sosreport from a system seeing this issue.
1. This issue is found on several 2 sockets and 4 sockets Intel Purley systems.
2. We are working to get the sosreport.
Created attachment 1250102 [details]
Any update? or Any more information is required.
> 1. change ‘Operating Modes’ setting to ‘Custom Mode’ in UEFI
Are there any modes you may set the UEFI BIOS to allow the CPU scaling scaling test to be created?
Would you be able to list all of the system models tested that are showing this issue?
This is configuration wrong.
The p-state setting is nor correct in uefi.
Thanks Joseph's support.