Bugzilla will be upgraded to version 5.0. The upgrade date is tentatively scheduled for 2 December 2018, pending final testing and feedback.
Bug 1430 - Perl connect to Oracle Database
Perl connect to Oracle Database
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: perl (Show other bugs)
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Crutcher Dunnavant
Depends On:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 1999-03-05 11:17 EST by blakem
Modified: 2008-05-01 11:37 EDT (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2000-02-03 21:15:54 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description blakem 1999-03-05 11:17:52 EST
I have installed Redhat 5.2, Oracle 8.0.5, and perl
DBD::Oracle and DBI.  I am getting a segmentation fault
when I execute a sql query with over 20 fields.  I tried
this query in sqlplus  on linux, and receieved the same
segmentation fault at that limit.  I have tried the same
query using both perl and sqlplus on NT and it works.
After this I have tried to install qpopper-2.52-1.i386.rpm,
and when I try to run /usr/sbin/popauth, I get a
segmentation fault.  I have been able to develop a cgi that
executes my query by splitting it into three seperate query
strings.  Both previously mentioned segmentation faults
result in a core dump.
Comment 1 Cristian Gafton 2000-02-03 21:15:59 EST
I am not sure what the DBD::Oracle module does to the perl binary in 5.2 -
however, more recent combinations of perl/DBD::Oracle are working fine on our

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.