Description of problem:
Hi I installed FC3 in my office and home PCs and a few weeks ago yum
haven't been working due to some kind of network problem.
At home it works well (I'm not using a proxy).
At the office I have 3 computers with FC3 and all of them fails to
execute yum. The thing is that it was working and I managed to pull
some updates. The computers are 2 workstations and 1 production server.
I have the $http_proxy configured like this:
Every single program that needs to connect to the internet works fine
(eg. wget). Even yum used to work fine with this.
It fails with every command, for instance I do this:
[root@nalwalovaton ~]# yum check-update
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/yum", line 7, in ?
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 51, in main
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 134, in getOptionsConfig
self.conf = yumconf(configfile = yumconffile, root=root)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/yum/config.py", line 327, in
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/yum/config.py", line 399, in
doRepoSection(self, repoconf, section)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/yum/config.py", line 413, in
mirrorurls = getMirrorList(mirrorlist)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/yum/config.py", line 500, in
content = fo.readlines()
line 391, in readlines
line = self.readline()
line 376, in readline
new = self._raw_read(self._rbufsize)
File "/usr/lib/python23.zip/httplib.py", line 409, in read
s = self.fp.read(amt)
File "/usr/lib/python23.zip/socket.py", line 301, in read
data = self._sock.recv(recv_size)
socket.error: (104, 'Connection reset by peer')
This is my yum.conf:
[root@nalwalovaton ~]# cat /etc/yum.conf
# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d
This is my /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo:
[root@nalwalovaton ~]# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
I'll attach an strace later.
Created attachment 109970 [details]
strace from yum
I got this strace with this command:
strace yum check-update &> yum.log
It's about 360KB. I changed the locale to "en_US" during the test, it was
I believe the proxy_username, proxy_pass and proxy options in yum's should solve
this problem. Upgrade to the latest release of yum and try them.
closing as upstream.