Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1460130
Non-admin has all roles but can't create or use host collections
Last modified: 2018-02-21 12:11:58 EST
Description of problem:
User does not see '+ New Host Collection' button or 'Collection Actions' tab in existing host collections.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create user with all possible permissions but without administrator flag.
2. Login with non-admin user and navigate to Host Collection Tab
Unable to see '+ New Host Collection' button or 'Collection Actions' tab in existing host collections.
Should be able to see '+ New Host Collection' button or 'Collection Actions' tab in existing host collections.
With Satellite 6.3, a non-admin user can create host collections and add hosts to them.
The following is an example:
- Permissions on the user include the following:
- resource: Organization, permission: view_organizations
- resource: Host Collections, permissions: view_host_collections, create_host_collections, edit_host_collections, destroy_host_collections
- resource: Host, permissions: view_hosts, edit_hosts
- log in as the user with these permissions
- go to Hosts -> Host Collections
- click 'Create Host Collection'
- provide a 'Name' and Save/Submit
- click 'Hosts'
- click 'Add'
- click checkboxes next to hosts that want to add
- click 'Add Selected'
Proposing this to 6.3 and moving ON_DEV for verification.
Satellite-6.3 Snap 19
1. Created role with filters mentioned in comment #2
2. Created user with that role
3. Login with new non-admin user
Found able to create/delete host collection and can see actions tab.But can't edit host collection. We are tracking the issue here :
Created attachment 1337292 [details]
screenshot of UI with non-admin user
Created attachment 1337293 [details]
screenshot of UI showing create host collection
Since the problem described in this bug report should be resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.