Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1461812
RHEL Atomic 7.4 Missing Dnsmasq
Last modified: 2018-02-12 10:37:58 EST
Description of problem:
All RHEL Atomic trees after 'Atomic-7.4-20170519.0' (including latest-7.4) do not have dnsmasq. This is a blocking issue for testing OpenShift as the installer assumes that dnsmasq is present for the Atomic install.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Atomic-7.4-20170526.0 to latest-7.4
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download last created image (rhel-atomic-cloud-7.4.0-3.x86_64.qcow2) from May 26 tree.
2. Start VM using image.
3. Inspect VM to check for function and presence of dnsmasq.
Dnsmasq is missing.
Dnsmasq should be installed and working.
Micah Abbott suggested workaround in the meantime:
1. Find a build of 'dnsmasq' in brew and download it to your Atomic Host
2. On the Atomic Host, use 'ostree admin unlock --hotfix' to 'unlock' your host
3. Install the 'dnsmasq' package via 'rpm' as usual
Alternatively one can also download the current prod image of 7.3.5-7 and upgrade to the latest-7.4 repo and see the same issue.
BTW, the dnsmasq package exists in version 7.3.5-1 and 7.3.6.
Yes, dnsmasq did exist in all 7.3.x that we have tested.
*** Bug 1463767 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This should be fixed in 7.4+.