Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 146690
Fedora Core 3 hangs after boot up on a Cyrix III processor - based system
Last modified: 2015-01-04 17:16:21 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET
Description of problem:
I have a system with a VIA Cyrix III 600 mHz processor. Installation
went fine, but when it boots up:
- I log in and it finishes booting up.
- As soon after it finished booting up, the computer freezes,
probably about 30sec to a minute after finishing the log on process.
- I notice, it freezes faster if I start doing things right away
(i.e. go to the red hat menu, and try to select and app to run)
- If I don't do anything, it will eventually freeze anyway.
I have installed via the discs, and also the ftp install. I have
done an everything install, and also a custom install. Happens every
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Fedora Core 3 on Cyrix III based system.
2. Boot up, log on.
3. Wait for machine to freeze.
Actual Results: Machine freezes up every time.
Expected Results: Machine should function properly, not freeze up.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 140873 ***