Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1467639
vms/instances view gets broken when user switches to that view from timelines page
Last modified: 2017-09-26 09:15:21 EDT
Created attachment 1294179 [details]
Description of problem:
It seems the issue is in either accordion or transitions to Instances/Virtual Machines page. I don't have exact steps but when I go through some combination of steps several times I get this error.
Exception and screenshot are attached.
btw, I saw this error many times with different combinations of steps.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
100% but user may need to should run through steps several times
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add f.e. azure provider
2. Go to Compute->Clouds->Instances
3. Choose Instances accordion there
4. Click any instance
5. Click Relationships->Availability Zone on instance details page
6. Open Timelines for that Availability Zone and Click Apply
7. Go to Compute->Clouds->Instances and click All Instances in Instances accordion
8. Go to Compute->Clouds->Availability Zones
9. choose any zone and open Timelines for it
10. Go to Compute->Clouds->Instances again
somewhere among these steps Instances page gets broken and shows only the following error
"undefined method `deep_clone' for nil:NilClass Did you mean? deep_send [vm_cloud/explorer]"
no such error
Created attachment 1294181 [details]
Ievgen, is this a regression? Was it working in 5.8.0?
Dave, it isn't regression. It was working before.
Btw, I don't think it is related to Timelines. I used such summary because I found steps which allow to 100% reproduce this issue.
It seems there is one root cause for several BZs and the issue is either in accordion or details page.
closing this BZ since it can no longer be reproduced.