Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1467639
vms/instances view gets broken when user switches to that view from timelines page
Last modified: 2017-08-07 08:45:07 EDT
Created attachment 1294179 [details]
Description of problem:
It seems the issue is in either accordion or transitions to Instances/Virtual Machines page. I don't have exact steps but when I go through some combination of steps several times I get this error.
Exception and screenshot are attached.
btw, I saw this error many times with different combinations of steps.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
100% but user may need to should run through steps several times
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add f.e. azure provider
2. Go to Compute->Clouds->Instances
3. Choose Instances accordion there
4. Click any instance
5. Click Relationships->Availability Zone on instance details page
6. Open Timelines for that Availability Zone and Click Apply
7. Go to Compute->Clouds->Instances and click All Instances in Instances accordion
8. Go to Compute->Clouds->Availability Zones
9. choose any zone and open Timelines for it
10. Go to Compute->Clouds->Instances again
somewhere among these steps Instances page gets broken and shows only the following error
"undefined method `deep_clone' for nil:NilClass Did you mean? deep_send [vm_cloud/explorer]"
no such error
Created attachment 1294181 [details]
Ievgen, is this a regression? Was it working in 5.8.0?
Dave, it isn't regression. It was working before.
Btw, I don't think it is related to Timelines. I used such summary because I found steps which allow to 100% reproduce this issue.
It seems there is one root cause for several BZs and the issue is either in accordion or details page.