Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1468547
RFE: support pruning Jobs and Pods
Last modified: 2018-04-11 16:16:29 EDT
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
We would like to request that "oc adm prune" be extended to include Jobs and Pods, so that we can prune out the 1000s of Completed pods
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
To avoid a build up of unused resources.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Enhancement to oc adm prune
Similar to what I think may have been the original intent of https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1435228
However, the card spawned as a result of that bz seems to be focused on running oc adm prune from inside a job, rather than pruning the completed jobs:
(We already run oc adm prune from within containers using "oc observe", to prune specific namespaces when they start build configs)
I opened the following Redhat support case which seems related on Openshift 3.4.
* successfulJobsHistoryLimit: 5"
Seems to have no effect in 3.4?
* Job nubers are not random and are reccuring. Old existing complete jobs block new job scheduling!
* There is no way to delete jobs except ... oc delete jobs of course?