Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1471482
cinder reset-state [vol_id] --reset-migration-status -> leaves volume in a "semi" attached state
Last modified: 2018-03-06 17:32:26 EST
Created attachment 1299294 [details]
Cinder and Nova logs
Description of problem: While clearing a failed Cinder volume migrate error state, Cinder list still shows volume as attached, yet nova detach says volume isn't attached. This might end-up being a Nova attach/detach bug.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Configure a dual cinder system
2. Create a volume, attach it to an instance
3. Cinder migrate the volume from one backend to the other. (cause it to fail, in my case I think being attached caused migration error, I suspect causing migration to fail can also be done if there is insufficient free space on target backend.
4. Cinder list - see migration error state
5. Cinder reset-state [vol_id] --migration..
6. Check cinder status of volume - still attached
7. Try nova volume-detach -> hit bug reports volume is already detached.
Failed to detach a volume but Cinder still reports it as attached.
Cinder reset-state of a detached volume, should be synced with Nova volume status.