Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1475938
supervisord.service file contains removed SysVStartPriority= setting and does NOT have dependency on remote user (LDAP, kerberose, NIS, etc)
Last modified: 2017-08-26 16:19:28 EDT
Description of problem:
1. Support for option SysVStartPriority= has been removed and it is ignored
2. supervisord.service does not have dependency on remote user resolution, but is required in many enterprise environments.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHEL 7.3 w/ supervisor from EPEL
2. systemctl deamon-reload will trigger the warning
3. The remote user resolution dependency would require LDAP and is timing.
But based on the updated & tested cgred.service in RHEL 7.4 Bug 1406927 the following supervisord.service should work
1. Remove 'SysVStartPriority=99' as systems log states this has been removed
2. Add nss-user-lookup.target to After= line so remote user can be resolved at start
Description=Process Monitoring and Control Daemon
ExecStart=/usr/bin/supervisord -c /etc/supervisord.conf
1. log: Support for option SysVStartPriority= has been removed and it is ignored
2. Race condition with remote user lookup
1. No warning to syslog
2. service file configured to start after remote user lookup (no race)
For above to fully work with NIS, need the following private BZ addressed in RHEL 7.4 beta currently
Bug 1217435 - ypbind.service should be loaded before nss-user-lookup.target
supervisor-3.1.4-1.el7 has been submitted as an update to Fedora EPEL 7. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2017-017fbc40e8
supervisor-3.1.4-1.el7 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 7 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing for
instructions on how to install test updates.
You can provide feedback for this update here: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2017-017fbc40e8
supervisor-3.1.4-1.el7 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 7 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.