Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1479530
[DNF] backport weak deps
Last modified: 2017-12-14 10:02:52 EST
To achieve feature parity with the latest RPM in Fedora, DNF team needs weak deps backported to RHEL 7.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1508538 ***
Unduping, bug 1508538 is not the same at all.
To clarify, bug 1508538 is merely about tag constants and ability to query. A full backport of weakdeps would consist at least of the following (in addition):
- ability to build packages with weak deps
- dependency generator support for weak deps
- include weak deps in installation ordering
- --enhances/--suggests etc query aliases
- rpmdb indexes for the weak deps (although this is probably only required for rich deps)