Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1480792
[RFE] Self Hosted Engine Deployment on CephFS storage.
Last modified: 2018-06-05 07:38:25 EDT
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
>> During deployment, the available storage options are glusterfs, iscsi, fc, nfs3, nfs4 and we would like to request that CephFS be added as a storage option.
4. Why exactly do you need this feature? (List the business requirements here)
>> It would be great to have this feature added as we, among other groups, have made significant investments in CephFS performing very well in our Big Data access based scientific environment but currently this brings a technology split (the self-hosted engine VM has to be available from another distributed storage technology).
5. How would you like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
>> Combining CephFS and virtualization from the start would be an asset: Ceph based storage domains can, after the self-hosted engine has started, be used for virtualizing other services.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
>> I couldn't find any.
8. Any specific timeline dependencies?
>> It would be great to have this implemented before the end of the year.
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would you be able to assist in testing this feature - if implemented?
>> If a beta-implementation exists, we would be glad to try and test.
This is not a common use case that we think we should handle.
We will reconsider if we get additional requests.