Description of problem:
This is related to a test case on the named feature "Support for Arbitrary Files within Content Views"
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
6.3 snap 15
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create any file and change its permissions: chmod 777 your_file
2. Run ll your_file and check -rwxrwxrwx for its perms
3. Open Satellite and create a new Product
4. Create a new Repository of type "file" within created Product
5. Leave empty fields URL, Upstream Username and Upstream Password
6. Uncheck Verify SSL box
8. Click on create repo
9. Click on browse and upload your_file
10. Browse repo link (search for Published at link)
11. Find link related to your_file and download it
12. Run ll your_file and check permissions
File lost permissions after upload.
and now it has:
It should keep original permissions accordingly to test case.
Maybe it changed file permission for security reasons and this is a feature, not a but. But once dev approved the test case I preferred opening this issue for discussion.
I suspect that the behavior described is working as designed; however, I wanted to confirm that with you.
What are your thoughts and feedback?
HTTP does not have a way to communicate posix file permissions. If you download a file over HTTP, any permissions it has on the source machine are irrelevant. The new permissions at the destination will be whatever your HTTP client thinks are reasonable.
Based on comment 3, I am going to close this bug. If there are concerns, please let us know.