Created attachment 1327823 [details]
Description of problem:
An error info pop-up during anaconda GUI installation.
ERR anaconda: bootloader.write failed: failed to remove old efi boot entry. This is most likely a kernel bug.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install redhat-virtualization-host-4.1-20170512.0(4.1.2) on UEFI machine.
2. Reboot, install redhat-virtualization-host-4.1-20170914.1
3. Choose auto partitioning on Anaconda GUI, and finish other mandatory steps.
4. Focus on the installation process.
5. Ignore the error, reboot.
6. Login RHVH.
1. An error info pop-up during anaconda GUI installation.
2. After step 6, login RHVH can successful.
No error pop-up during anaconda GUI installation.
Created attachment 1327825 [details]
all log info
Met error during boot RHEL 8 on EFI machine:
error: ../../grub-core/loader/i386/efi/linux.c:208:/images/pxeboot/vmlinuxz has invalid signature.
error: ../../grub-core/loader/i386/efi/linux.c:93:you need to load the kernel first.
Press any key to continue ...
are you still able to reproduce it on RHEL-8.3? If yes, can you please upload the installation logs?
(In reply to Jan Stodola from comment #6)
> Hello cshao,
> are you still able to reproduce it on RHEL-8.3? If yes, can you please
> upload the installation logs?
> Thank you
Install RHEL-8.3.0-20200909.1-x86_64-dvd1.iso on UEFI machine.
Failed to boot RHEL 8.3 on UEFI machine.
error: ../../grub-core/loader/i386/efi/linux.c:215:/images/pxeboot/vmlinuz has invalid signature.
error: ../../grub-core/loader/i386/efi/linux.c:94:you need to load the kernel first.
Press any key to continue...
I think this is due to RHEL 83 kernel isn't released yet.
But No such issue with RHEL-8.2.0-20200404.0-x86_64-dvd1.iso, so I think this bug is fixed.
Closing based on comment 7.
Thank you for retesting, cshao.