Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 154214
Attempt to create config channel with same name and label causes 500 error and WEB traceback
Last modified: 2007-07-31 15:00:46 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050323 Firefox/1.0.2 Fedora/1.0.2-1.3.1
Description of problem:
Attempting to create a new configuration channel in Satellite with the same name and label as an existing channel (at https://saturl/network/configuration/namespaces/details.pxt) causes a 500 Internal Server error and a WEB Traceback e-mail to be generated.
This should fail gracefully, and implies that input validation / duplication checking is not being performed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log into Satellite and navigate to Create Config Channel
2. Enter Name of existing channel in Name field
3. Enter label of existing channel in Label field
4. 'Click Create Config Channel' button
Actual Results: I receive the following message in my browser:
500 Error - Internal Server Error
You may have reached this page in one of the following ways:
1. You are using an outdated version of Konqueror 3.0, which may not handle form variables properly in all cases. Continuing to use this outdated version of Konqueror may have unexpected results. Please up2date to the latest version of Konqueror (3.03 or greater), or if this is not possible, please use another browser.
2. You've found an error in the site. Please report this error to your local administrator with details of how you received this message.
I also receive a WEB TRACEBACK e-mail from my Satellite server
Expected Results: A message indicating that a config channel with this name or label already exists should be generated.
Checked in a fix for the label problem.... The db allows duplicate org_id/name
rows which seems wrong to me. I would think the unique constraints on the db
should be org_id/name/label. Waiting on feedback from bretm/robin regarding this.
Added code to catch the new constraint jslagle made in bz# 161850.
- Create config channel
- attempt to create another config channel with same name/label
- should get error
- change name to something else
- should work