Bug 154771 - SDL error when accessing for Mplayer on Celeron PII
SDL error when accessing for Mplayer on Celeron PII
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: SDL (Show other bugs)
4
i386 Linux
medium Severity high
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Thomas Woerner
:
: 154878 154980 (view as bug list)
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2005-04-13 22:17 EDT by Caerie Houchins
Modified: 2007-11-30 17:11 EST (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2005-04-15 04:41:15 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
This is output from $strace lbreakout (regarding the SDL problem) (7.27 KB, text/plain)
2005-04-13 23:35 EDT, Mickey Stein
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Caerie Houchins 2005-04-13 22:17:24 EDT
Description of problem:
When attempting to run mplayer or gmplayer on a PII system, SDL has an error.
$ mplayer
mplayer: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol:
ConvertMMXpII32_16RGB565
$ gmplayer
gmplayer: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol:
ConvertMMXpII32_16RGB565

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
SDL-1.2.8-3

How reproducible:
Every time

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Mplayer
2. Upgrade SDL to SDL-1.2.8-3
3. Launch Mplayer
  
Actual results:
mplayer: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol:
ConvertMMXpII32_16RGB565

Expected results:
Launch of app.

Additional info:
Linux server 2.6.11-1.1238_FC4 #1 Tue Apr 12 22:50:45 EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux

# cat cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 6
model name      : Celeron (Mendocino)
stepping        : 5
cpu MHz         : 467.940
cache size      : 128 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36
mmx fxsr
bogomips        : 923.64
Comment 1 Mickey Stein 2005-04-13 23:34:01 EDT
Not just on Celeron. I just noticed this on my athlon system, not that I think
this has anything to do with the processor type ;) I get this running anything
using SDL, like lbreakout2, Maelstrom, etc.


I'll attach an strace log from running lbreakout2:

Mick

Comment 2 Mickey Stein 2005-04-13 23:35:52 EDT
Created attachment 113139 [details]
This is output from $strace lbreakout (regarding the SDL problem)

Just following up on the SDL bug from 13Apr rawhide. This happens on any SDL
related application (or those I've tried).
Comment 3 Caerie Houchins 2005-04-14 00:04:16 EDT
I confirm that on my Athalon as well.  Looks processor independent.
Comment 4 Thomas Woerner 2005-04-14 07:19:22 EDT
There is a new package in rawhide: SDL-1.2.8-3.1
Please test this new version.
Comment 5 Jacob Kroon 2005-04-14 15:04:40 EDT
The new package 1.2.8-3.1 fixes the problem, at least for me.
Comment 6 Thomas Woerner 2005-04-15 04:40:38 EDT
*** Bug 154878 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 7 Thomas Woerner 2005-04-15 08:16:29 EDT
*** Bug 154980 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 8 Ralf Ertzinger 2005-04-15 13:31:30 EDT
1.2.8-3.1 works for me.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.