Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 155642
Enhacement tracker bug for FDP webpages
Last modified: 2009-10-30 13:54:16 EDT
Include in a comment any changes or comments on suggested changes for the Fedora
Docs Project webpages. Use this to have discussions about changes. Spawn new
bugs where a suggestion is more complex, making sure to have that bug block this
The following ideas have been suggested:
* Better info on how to use CVS (probably pointing to another doc/page)
* Better info on XML templates, use, tools/GUIs, and most importantly a
tutorial, demo, or example. Maybe skeleton/template to get started on a new
* Specifically state that we will accept new docs in *any* format, and the FDP
will then help convert it to the XML format, etc.
* Specifically state that the inital doc author does not have to be the same as
* Perhaps we need docs on a style guide, document format (required sections, etc).
* We need a link on the web pages to the wiki.
* Co-ordinate activity with Fedora Legacy Project in some way, not yet sure how.
* Web page should have more information/pages such as:
+ Participation page (how to participate, etc)
+ Mailing list page (how to subscribe, link to archives, etc)
+ FAQ page
* Spell out policies (like only accept docs about FC/Extras software, not 3rd
party software, etc).
Update FDP project page now includes:
* Link to CVS Usage in Wiki (a draft doc, but a good URL)
* States that any format accepted and conversion services offered
* States that someone needs to maintain it, does not have to be the author
* Provides overall link to Wiki
Page alread provides information on how to participate and a link to the mailing
list. The Docs Project FAQ is very out of date, we need to review if that is a
necessary item or not.
Other process, style, tutorials, examples, and the like are being currently
worked on and will be linked in when ready.
Participation info is lacking in quality/quantity.
Link to mailing list isn't sufficient IMHO, should have several links including
a link to archives, and additional info about subscribe, unsubscibe, usage,
I forgot there was an FAQ when I wrote my inital bug entry, but there was,
and the link to it is obvious on the front page, so my mistake there.
Maybe change it to "improve/update FAQ". A lot of the stuff I posted
could go in the faq (formats accepted, author and maintainer different, etc).
I think this is being done elsewhere.