Description of problem:
- The Jenkins latest image "registry.access.redhat.com/openshift3/jenkins-2-rhel7" is being used with the Jenkin-persistent application.
- Jenkins is able to read the Jenkinsfile, but does not recognise the
'pipeline' DSL function.
- Few plugins were already missing in the Jenkins image such as:
* OpenShift Client
* Simple Build DSL for Pipeline
* Job DSL
* Git client
- After installing these plugins manually, pipeline executed without any trouble.
Ah, if they are using the "latest" tag for registry.access.redhat.com/openshift3/jenkins-2-rhel7 you actually get the 3.6 image.
Those plugins specifically were not added until 3.7
The customer needs to import the 3.7 tag from registry.access.redhat.com into ther e image stream.
There were imagestream/template updates as well to make sure they pointed to the 3.7 tag ... Ben - those went into a 3.7 errata, no?
I also believe Eric Rich put out a more official support post on the latest tag pointing to 3.6, etc., but I can't find the link right now (I could only find the ones about the bad errata image a few weeks back). I've cc:ed him in case I'm correct and he can find it.
> Ben - those went into a 3.7 errata, no?
yes the corrected jenkins imagestreams were part of a 3.7.z errata.