1. Proposed title of this feature request
On Dashboard 'client hosts' always shows/report in "Out of sync hosts" even puppet cert is clean for that and 'puppet agent' is removed from client system.
2. What is the nature and description of the request?
On Dashboard 'client hosts' always shows in "Out of sync hosts" even puppet cert is clean for that and 'puppet agent' is removed from client system
3. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
4. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Once certificate is clean/revoke from Satellite end and 'puppet agent' also not running at 'client system' so 'client system' should shows
under some other status i.e. "Host with not report" ( If "puppet agent is not reporting more than 2 hours or 1 days ..etc)
5. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Once certificate is clean/revoke from Satellite end and 'puppet agent' also not running at 'client system' so 'client system' should not shows
under "Out of sync hosts"
6. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
7. Does the customer have any specific time-line dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
8. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
9. List any affected packages or components.
Satellite GUI(Dashboard) report , Puppet
10. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
This is already taken care of by setting hosts to not be reported.
Give it a try:
Goto Hosts -> All Hosts, choose a host that is not reporting.
Click the 'Additional Information' Tab.
You will have this line:
Enabled <check> Include this host within Satellite reporting
Uncheck this and save, and it should no longer be included in the reports.
I'm not able to find "Additional information" tab on the host.