Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 157980
RFE: Upgrade gramps to 2.0 version
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:06 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050512 Fedora/1.0.4-2 Firefox/1.0.4
Description of problem:
Announcement of the new version (stable release) on May 11, 2005
Changes from the 1.0.x series include:
* Berkeley database backend
* Changes are written to disk immediately
* Removal of alphabetical tabs
* Ability to add/remove/rearrange columns in list views
* Removal of Save function and addition of Undo
* Proper window management and removal of most modal windows
* Support for Tip of the Day
* Person-dependent context menus (right-click) in Pedigree View listing parents, children, spouses, and siblings
* Export wizard
* Built-in Find function in list views
* Date selector dialog
* Name editor enhancements: patronymic names and non-default grouping
* Recent file support (both gramps-specific and gnome-wide)
* Other database backends
* Native editing (in memory) for GRAMPS XML and GEDCOM formats
* New import and export filters available for the GeneWeb format.
* New report (Statistics Chart) added
* Persistent options for reports
* The new command line functionality (opening and report generation)
* Better date internationalization (date parsers available for French, Russian, and Spanish, with Finnish in the works).
* Better name internationalization (patronymics and non-default grouping).
* Mime types for formats known to GRAMPS.
* Schemas and proper structure for GConf keys, immediate preference effect.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. # yum list gramps -> gramps.i386 1.0.10-2
2. Visit http://www.gramps-project.org/ to see the new release (2.0)
Package updated, and should be pushed into the development branch once it's signed.
You can close this bug, now Extras devel has gramps-2.0.0-1.
This ticket confuses me. Who "owns" the gramps package?
Phillip still owns the package, but since he is short on time currently, he said
it was ok for me to upgrade the package.
Okay. Thanks for the quick reply.