Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 159625
Imported FC2 Mozilla Mail causes consistent segfaults
Last modified: 2013-07-02 22:24:43 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050524 Fedora/1.0.4-4 Firefox/1.0.4
Description of problem:
I am a heavy user of FC2-era Mozilla Mail.
When I upgraded to FC4, and ran Thunderbird for the first time, it offered to import my Mozilla Mail configuration/settings/folders for me. I accepted. After a short period of time, Thunderbird segfaulted. Thereafter, each invocation of Thunderbird would result in an immediate segfault.
I removed ~/.thunderbird, configured email manually rather than importing, and am now happily using Thunderbird with all my old email mboxes intact.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Setup POP and IMAP accounts, in FC2 Mozilla Mail.
2. Setup Local Folders account, in FC2 mozmail.
3. Point Local Folders to non-standard directory (/garz/nsmail in my case).
4. Populate Local Folders with Berkley mboxes, including sub-folders (i.e. Foo.sbd subdirectories containing mboxes)
5. Make sure IMAP account works.
6. Make sure POP account works, and (due to Mail Filters) sends downloaded mail to Local Folders folders.
7. Install FC4 (-not- upgrade).
8. Run Thunderbird, opting to import Mozilla Mail data.
Actual Results: segfault
Expected Results: working email
Since this bugzilla report was filed, there have been several major updates,
which may have resolved this issue. Users who have experienced this problem are
encouraged to upgrade their system to the latest version available. Therefore
closing this bug as obsolete.
If you experience this problem on the up-to-date system, please reopen this bug
with an additional information.