Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 161987
Please do not use substring in messages should be trabslated
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:09 EST
Description of problem:
During translation I found code line where substring
of translated message was used:
It breaks translation and user will see only part of first word of message.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run s-c-b while LANG=C
2. Choose New -> DNSSEC Trusted Key -> Add -> OK
3. You will see message regarding "non-empty" string.
4. Run s-c-b while LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
5. Choose New -> DNSSEC Trusted Key -> Add -> OK
6. You will see message with only 4 last chars of word "ÐÐ²ÐµÐ´Ð¸ÑÐµ" (Enter)
This code is going to cut 6 chars from string "Enter DNS Server Name"
I suppose it is not good idea to use string operation with localized GUI label
Created attachment 116088 [details]
screen shot with English and Russian (Translated) Dialog
This bug is now fixed with system-config-bind-4.0.0-18
Bug should be closed now.