Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 162399
evolution fails to access exchange server
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:09 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050513 Fedora/1.7.8-2
Description of problem:
Whenever I start evolution it seems to hang. After a few minutes the evolution window comes up but is all grey.
If I keep waiting then it eventually comes up.
After some research it is a problem with talking to the exchange server.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install FC 3, and use exchange
2. upgrade to FC 4, and run yum update
3. run evolution
4. wait and be unable to access exchange
5. have to go into work because you can no longer access your exchange email remotely
6. curse profusely at the upgrade and ask yourself why you did it
Actual Results: I spent a lot of time swearing... and evolution never would connect to exchange ..
Expected Results: it used to work, and connect to exchange, but now it doe snot
from strace it hangs in poll.. its like it suddenly cannot find the server. its there though
this got submitted twice
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 162398 ***