Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 165059
If patchadd fails during rhn_check it's still considered a success
Last modified: 2007-06-26 11:14:00 EDT
Description of problem: If you schedule patch install and patchadd fails when
rhn_check is run, it's still considered a success.
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Schedule a patch install that you know will fail.
2. Run rhn_check -vvv
3. Watch the patchadd command fail, but still get counted as a successful install.
Fixed in SVN.
1. Schedule a patch install that you know will fail. For instance, schedule a
patch install for a program that isn't installed on the client machine, or try
to use a Solaris 9 patch on a Solaris 8 machine.
2. On the client, run rhn_check -vvv.
3. The patchadd command should fail, the rhncheck command should say that it
failed, and the webui should report the action as failed.
The webUI correctly reports failure, but the rhn_check doesn't give any
indication that the installation failed unless you run it with -vvv
That will be opened as a separate bug against rhn410-solaris.