This RFE is to request winauth support with IdM.
WinAuth works with FreeIPA
Steps to use:
1. On FreeIPA side, logging in as user, in self-service UI navigate to OTP Tokens Page
2. Click on Add to display "Add OTP token" dialog
3. Click on Add, optionally enter some description
4. When dialog with QR code shows, click on "Show configuration uri" link under the QR code. It will hide the QE code and show URI which is encoded otherwise in the QR code.
5. copy the whole URI
In WinAUth app:
6. Click on Add button, choose "Authenticator" option
7. In point 1, the "Enter the secret code..." field paste the whole URI
8. Point 2 can be skipped as the default type of token is the same as default in FreeIPA (time-based)
9. Point 3 - click on verify, if a new code started to be displayed in step 4 field then it probably works. Optionally try authentication in FreeIPA UI with the OTP (displayed code).
10. Click on OK and proceed with the next sections (protecting the authenticator with a password, ...) as for other tokens according to your security preferences.
Or in short:
1. Create token in FreeIPA, copy token URI
2. Add token in WinAuth, paste the URI
Thanks a lot Petr for your answer.
I've shared your explanations with our customer and I'll get back to you when they confirm that they've managed to make it work in their environment.
It seems that we resolve the case here.