Description of problem:
This report is based on CFME with a RHV provider connected,
however it might be related to other Infrastructure providers as well.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
RHV-4.2.7-9 (Not sure it is related specifically to RHV provider).
It happen to me once, but I didn't try to reproduce.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have a CFME appliance VM, run on RHV-1.
2. Add RHV-2 provider to this CFME.
3. Mark a RHEL VM, running on RHV-2, as 'Management engine relashionship'
4. Perform Smart state analysis on this RHEL VM.
5. Verify the Smart state analysis task ends up successfully (under Configuration->Tasks)
6. Enter the VM details page, to view the analysis results.
All fields are populated, except for packages, that contain 0.
7. After entering the detected 'files', and then go back to the VM details page,
suddenly the packages field became populated, with a number different than 0.
All the frontend here does it shows @record.number_of(:guest_applications)
It could be, that initially, the DB transactions from smart state analysis
are not commited yet and then UI shows zero.
But if so, this is more a backend problem.