3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Customer would like an image to use for deploying
java based applications that does not contain the
java development tools (JDK), but only contains the
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Customer needs to be able to deploy java applications without
deploying the JDK into production.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Provide an image with the JRE
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Create image, and test that a pre-built java application
can run, but that none of the JDK tools are available.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
To clarify, this request is for JRE 8 to match the developer focused JDK 8