Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 166216
svn crashes when adding in working copy entire directory with files
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:12 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; pl-PL; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050720 Fedora/1.0.6-1.1.fc4 Firefox/1.0.6
Description of problem:
If create new directory in your working copy, add some files to it and issue 'svn add' on this directory svn causes segmentation fault.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Checkout some repository
2. Create new subdirectory in working copy
3. Add file(s) to this subdirectory
4. Issue: svn add path/to/new/dir
Actual Results: svn starts to add files in this dir then causes segmentation fault. This directory is marked as locked and you have to issue svn cleanup to enable further usage of your working directory.
Expected Results: 'svn add' should be performed without any problems.
Nothing is lost and after you issue 'svn cleanup' you can work. But it is irritating.
Do you have an exact reproduction recipe for this? Can you get a core dump from
(run "ulimit -c unlimited" then reproduce the issue)
I tested this again. And I noticed that core dump only happens when my locale is
set to Polish (LANG=pl_PL.UTF-8), which is my default. It doesn't happen when I
temporarily switched to LANG=C. Here is the sequece of test commands:
svnadmin create repo/svn-repo
svn import work file:///home/test/tmp/svn/repo/svn-repo/
rm -rf work/*
svn co file:///home/test/tmp/svn/repo/svn-repo/ work
svn add work/trunk/new_dir
Naruszenie ochrony pamiÄci (core dumped)
I will attach dumped core as attachment.
Created attachment 117863 [details]
Thanks. It looks like a mis-translated format string - it appears to be fixed
upstream for the forthcoming 1.2.2 release.
Please try the 1.2.3 packages in testing:
yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update subversion
I have just got back from my holidays, checked this new version and it works for
me. No core dump.
From User-Agent: XML-RPC
subversion-1.2.3-2.1 has been pushed for FC4, which should resolve this issue.
If these issues are still present in this version, then please re-open this bug.
Thanks for testing it out.