Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 166787
(70007)The timeout specified has expired: ap_content_length_filter: apr_bucket_read() failed
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:20 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4
Description of problem:
When running httpd-2.0.52-12.1.ent and Bugzilla version 2.18.3 on RHEL4 U1, submitting a bug fails with the following error:
[Thu Aug 25 10:09:50 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.64] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: ap_content_length_filter: apr_bucket_read() failed, referer: http://host.domain.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Other
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Install affected software
2.Open up bugzilla on the test machine (browsing still works)
3.Submit a bug
Actual Results: [Thu Aug 25 10:09:50 2005] [error] [client 172.16.20.101] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: ap_content_length_filter: apr_bucket_read() failed, referer: http://logger.choicepay.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Other
Expected Results: A new bug should have been submitted.
The error message means simply that a CGI script has failed to produce any
output within the configured timeout. The timeout is controlled by the
"Timeout" setting -- 120 seconds by default. Are you sure that the bugzilla
set up is correct?
The SELinux settings can often affect CGI script behaviour on RHEL4; it's useful
to check for any relevant avc denial messages in dmesg.
Thanks for your suggestions. :)
SELinux is set to permissive, and the timeout is set to 600. I am working with
another individual on this, and although I did not set up Bugzilla, I have
confidence that it was set up correctly.
We have also tried updating httpd and dependencies to the newer packages still
in beta for U2, but no luck. We have rolled back to the U1 release of said
packages at this point, but the problem persists.
After looking more closely at the issue, it turns oout it was timing out due to
a misconfiguration of postfix. The issue is now resolved. thanks again.