Description of problem:
It appears that the extra keys on a Sun Type 6 USB keyboard only don't work for
items in the Window Management portion of the Keyboard Shortcuts. They'll
work fine for changing the volume, ejecting disks, opening Home, etc. However it
doesn't appear that those bindings are broken because other shortcuts
(<Shift><Alt><F3>) will work for the window management stuff.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open up Keyboard Shortcuts (Applications -> Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts)
2. Scroll down to the Window management section and select one of those.
3. Hit one of the side keys (Front in this case)
4. See the key code appear (0x8c)
5. Close the Shortcuts menu, try it.
6. Reopen Shortcuts, delete the binding and create a binding for Eject using the
7. Close the Shortcuts menu, hit the key, watch the drive open.
You can get it to work by assigning those keys kysysms with xmodmap such as:
xmodmap -e 'keycode 0x8c = Select' and then when you try to create the binding
it'll work as expected.
Forgot to mention that this used to work in RHEL3 without problems.
Internal Status set to 'Resolved'
Status set to: Closed by Client
Resolution set to: 'Closed by Client'
This event sent from IssueTracker by kr-hitron1
Issue tracker was closed in 2007.