From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050719 Red Hat/1.0.6-1.4.1 Firefox/1.0.6
Description of problem:
The cluster suite documentation is missing the following information (this relates to the GFS documentation as well)
- there is nothing detailing the fact that RHCS 4 no longer requires shared storage, or how to setup RHCS 4 without shared storage
- using CLVM
- using DM Multipathing with CLVM
- there is no where (that i can see) in the GFS documentation that indicates that you have to setup the cluster with system-config-cluster before doing the GFS part
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.No repoduction steps
Moving this bug to the 4.6 release since 4.5 has already been released.
Adding 'cc firstname.lastname@example.org for tracking
We have restructured the documentation set for Red Hat Cluster Suite and GFS.
The issues are being addressed as follows:
- there is nothing detailing the fact that RHCS 4 no longer requires shared
storage, or how to setup RHCS 4 without shared storage -- This is still an
outstanding issue and needs to be addressed along with how to set up shared disk
for use qdisk.
- using CLVM -- We have published a book on this:
- using DM Multipathing with CLVM -- Draft underway for DM-Multipath:
- there is no where (that i can see) in the GFS documentation that indicates
that you have to setup the cluster with system-config-cluster before doing the
GFS part -- It is noted as part of requirements in the GFS doc:
Following up on Comment #5:
Regarding the first item:
The RHEL 4.4 doc addresses the change here:
Later, the document does provide information about configuring the cluster in
Closing this bug as fixed in CURRENTRELEASE. Because work is underway for the
DM-Multipath issue and because scope for that effort is wider than the issue
addressed here, have opened separate bug: Bug 279271.
Note that link for CLVM doc for RHEL 4 is this instead of the one noted in