Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 172450
Cannot rename profile name using Sat 4.0 & rhel3
Last modified: 2007-04-18 13:33:50 EDT
Description of problem:
Renaming a system profile name to anything throws the error:
"A system name must contain only ascii characters."
I've tried the following:
All throw the above error
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
And reproduced it on rlx-3-14.rhndev.redhat.com (rhel3)
Note, rhel4 is not effected.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to edit a system profile
2. Put anything in there
taking a look at this one.
reproduced on my rhel3 workstation. working on a fix.
checked fix into RELEASE-4.0 and trunk.
0) On a RHEL3 4.0.5 satellite.
1) Navigate to Systems -> System -> Details -> Edit properties
2) add an "x" to the end of the system name
3) submit page. It should update correctly.
4) re-edit the system name again. Insert some Japanese/Korean/Chinese
characters. (translate.google.com is good for generating some)
5) Submit the form. You should get an error message:
"Desired System Name contains invalid characters. In addition to
alphanumeric characters, '-', '_', '.', and '@' are allowed. Please
6) Repeat test on RHEL4 satellite or Hosted.
Move bugs from Vlad's plate to Fanny's plate (QA contact)
Looks good on QA