Description of problem:
Satellite 6.6 has scap policy deployment via , ansible.
When you have puppet scap and ansible scap setup on same box, you are most likely to hit this bug
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite 6.6 snap11
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a puppet scap rhel7 policy and associate a hostgroup
2. Go to Configure -> Classes See that the hostgroup is associated with foreman_scap_client class
3. Create a ansible scap policy associate the same hostgroup with it.
4. Go to Configure -> Classes See that the hostgroup is associated with foreman_scap_client class
The foreman_scap_client is not disassociated with foreman_scap_client, this now breaks any future puppet scap deployments
The hostgroup should not be disassociated
typo fix :
The foreman_scap_client is now disassociated with hostgroup, this now breaks any future puppet scap deployments
After discussions, Having puppet and ansible manage single set of hosts is not supported and will bring in more problems.
Having said that, Converting this BZ as a means to add validation check, so that we don't end up in above scenario.
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/27358 from this bug
Upstream bug assigned to email@example.com
Build: Satellite 6.6 snap 16
1. A hostgroup associated with puppet scap deployment
2. A Host associated with puppet scap deployment
3. Tried associated ansible scap deployment to Hostgroup and Host.
Got Validation error : Unable to save
cannot assign to RHEL 7 Server 64-bit HG, all assigned policies must be deployed in the same way
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.