Description of problem:
Dev console set the Application Name filed as required when deploying an app while Admin console doesn't have Application Name field. This is only to set as label which key is "app.kubernetes.io/part-of"
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. User login and switch to Development console. Click Add -> Deploy Image and check the field. (After created, check the label of DC which has "app.kubernetes.io/part-of")
2. Compare admin console. (From OperatorHub -> Developer Catalog -> choose an image to deploy). This will not create the label which key is "app.kubernetes.io/part-of"
1. "Application" is a required field. Label with key "app.kubernetes.io/part-of" is created automatically.
2. There is no "Application" field and there is no label "app.kubernetes.io/part-of"
1. "Application" should be an optional field.
After added the label with the same value for the key "app.kubernetes.io/part-of", Applications are connected.
Created attachment 1592753 [details]
standalone app is allowed to create from admin console
Created attachment 1592754 [details]
app could be joined to Application manually on Admin console.
Sorry, no need compare to Admin console.
The admin and dev console forms for creating an s2i app now share the same input fields and application name is a required field.
While the field is required, we have another issue to track providing a sensible default value: https://jira.coreos.com/browse/ODC-1646
The instantiate template form is still different and does not apply the same labels or request the application name be entered
Application name is no longer required and when possible a default value is provided.