From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; fr-FR; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050919 Firefox/1.0.7
Description of problem:
When I try to retrieve some values on my 64 bits box such as ifInOctets with a 32 bits snmp client, I get wrong values. But when I try to get it with another box like a 64 bits snmp client it seems ok.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. snmpwalk -v 2c -c xxxxx xxxx .220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.1
Actual Results: IF-MIB::ifInOctets.1 = Counter32: 55192
IF-MIB::ifInOctets.2 = Counter32: 55192
Interface 1 is for lo and interface 2 is for eth0
Expected Results: The ifInOctets.2 and the ifInOctets.1 should be different. And ifInOctets.2 should increase at each query.
As I said, this error appears when I try to query a 64 bits computer's mib with a 32 bits computer's snmp client.
On my 64 box I got net-snmp-5.0.9 and on my 32 bits snmp client I got the same version.
I got the same problem with 64 bits computers under RHEL 4 with net-snmp-5.1.2 .
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 174374 ***