Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 175399
Login to RHN fails with OpenSSL certificate verify error
Last modified: 2013-02-26 19:49:46 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5
Description of problem:
I cannot log into RHN from the first boot process, or via rhn_register after install is completed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
firstboot-1.3.39-4, up2date-4.4.50-4, pyOpenSSL-0.6-1.p23
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run /usr/sbin/rhn_register from a bash terminal
2. Select "> Forward" button
3. Select "I have an existing Red Hat login." and enter my login ans password.
4. Select "> Forward" button
5. The "Why Register?" druid pane displays, and the following text shows up on the terminal:
An error has occurred:
See /var/log/up2date for more information
/var/log/up2date is attached.
Created attachment 122085 [details]
Thank you for submitting this issue for consideration in Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The release for which you requested us to review is now End of Life.
Please See https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/
If you would like Red Hat to re-consider your feature request for an active release, please re-open the request via appropriate support channels and provide additional supporting details about the importance of this issue.