Bug 176086 - gimp-print-cups PPD's not translated
gimp-print-cups PPD's not translated
Status: CLOSED NEXTRELEASE
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
Classification: Red Hat
Component: gimp-print (Show other bugs)
4.0
i386 Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Tim Waugh
:
Depends On:
Blocks: 176214
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2005-12-19 04:04 EST by Robert van den Aker
Modified: 2007-11-30 17:07 EST (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2005-12-21 10:52:17 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Robert van den Aker 2005-12-19 04:04:13 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7

Description of problem:
The PPD's in /usr/share/cups/model/$language/ are not translated. This results in lots of multiplicate entries for the (en) language in the CUPS web interface.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
gimp-print-4.2.7-2

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Add a printer through the CUPS web interface
2.Pick a make for which you have gimp-print PPD's installed
3.See lots of multiplicate entries for the (en) language, none for other languages
  

Additional info:

I did some trial-and-error experimentation with the source rpm and here are my findings:

1. issued command 'rpmbuild -bc gimp-print.spec' on unmodified spec file
2. opened ppd file in build_dir/src/cups/ppd/de/ and found it untranslated
3. commented out the make line in the %build section of gimp-print.spec
4. issued command 'rpmbuild -bc gimp-print.spec' on modified spec file
5. cd'ed to build_dir, then issued command 'make'
6. opened ppd file in build_dir/src/cups/ppd/de/ and found it translated!
7. figured there must be a crucial difference between the rpm build environment and my login shell's environment causing the difference in behavior; found rpm build environment sets "LANG=C", my login shell sets "LANG=en_US.UTF-8"
8. inserted 'export LANG="en_US.UTF-8"' before %configure in %build section of gimp-print.spec
9. uncommented the make line in the %build section of gimp-print.spec
10. issued command 'rpmbuild -bc gimp-print.spec' on modified spec file
11. opened ppd file in build_dir/src/cups/ppd/de/ and found it translated
Comment 1 Tim Waugh 2005-12-21 10:52:17 EST
Thanks.  I have fixed this for the next release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, as
well as for Fedora Core 5.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.