Description of problem:
3c574 (PCMCIA ethernet) does not work during installation. The
pig tail LED lits, but not recognized by installer. The same
card does work (after system-config-network manually) after
installation using CDROM, so the hardware is not defective.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
fc5test1 iso image
Steps to Reproduce:
1. boot from fc5test1 iso CD
2. at "boot:", type in "linux askmethod"
3. at "Installation Method", choose "FTP"
4. at "No driver found", choose "Select driver"
5. at "Select Device Driver to Load", choose
"3Com 3c574 series PCMCIA ethernet driver (3c574_cs)"
6. The green LED on the pig tail lits, indicating driver
working somewhat, but not fully.
7. back to "No driver found" again, choose "Select driver"
8. this time at "Select Device Driver", 3c574 disappears.
- 3c574 be recognized and used.
- PC=Toshiba Tecra8100
3c574 = 3Com PCMCIA Ethernet card
- 3c574 was NOT automatically recognized after install from CDROM;
it does work after adding "Devices" eth0 in system-config-network.
This indicates the problem may not be with anaconda at all, but
with the 3c574 driver.
Peter - is the module included on the image?
Fixed in fc5test2; 3c574 3c574 be recognized and used.