Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 176633
up2date gui requires way too much interaction
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:22 EST
Having to click the "Forward" button for each of the following purposes is IMO
needless make-work and should be reconsidered for elimination:
- the initial "THis is Red Hat Update Agent" splash screen
- the channel selections window (could instead be merged into a combined view
that lists all updates on all subscribed channels, with some quick deselection
mechanism for unwanted channels)
- the separate "flagged to be skipped" window; just put them into the master
package list, and deselect them by default
- the "now you've downloaded everything, let's install it" window
- the "now you've installed everything, let's see the final summary splash
This would streamline the interaction to something that better approximates the
bare and sufficient minimum.
I gather with the up2date gui deprecated, this won't need to get fixed.