Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 182114
RHEL3 x86_64 U7 rhr2-2.0-1 would not create STORAGE line in hardware.conf
Last modified: 2008-07-17 18:03:07 EDT
Description of problem:
RHEL3 x86_64 U7 (beta 2 release) rhr2-2.0-1 would not create STORAGE line in
hardware.conf after running discover on device cciss
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Installed RHEL3_x86_64 U7 (beta 2 release) on client server with cciss
storage controller and USB floppy disk (no legacy floppy disk in system).
2. After completed RHEL3_x86_64 U7 installation. Installed test kit: lmbench-
2.0.4- 1.EL3.x86_64, ltp-15.14-1.EL3.x86_64, rhr2-2.0-1.EL3.x86_64, dt-15.14-
2.EL3.x86_64 on system under test with cciss boot controller.
3.Installed test kit rhr2-server-2.0-1.EL3.x86_64 on server
4. Modified rhr.conf and tests.conf as needed
5. Launched /usr/sbin/redhat-ready and selected "pembroke" then "discovery"
6. Checked /etc/rhr/hardware.conf, there was no STORAGAE line there and FLOPPY
line with NA
Actual results:Checked /etc/rhr/hardware.conf, there was no STORAGAE line
there, and FLOPPY line with NA
Expected results: Should see STORAGE line and FLOPPY line in hardware.conf as
STORAGE cciss/c0d0 cciss/c0d1
Additional info: Line FLOPPY NA was modified to FLOPPY sda in hardware.conf
Created attachment 124889 [details]
This zip file including sysreport hardwrae.conf and fdisk output
rhr2 has been deprecated, closing these remaining bugs as WONTFIX. Future bugs
against the "hts" test suite should be opened agains the "Red Hat Hardware
Certification Program" product selecting either "Test Suite (harness)" or "Test
Suite (tests)" components.