Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 182313
jabberd's init script regressed from 4051 to 406
Last modified: 2007-10-23 22:42:28 EDT
Description of problem: The change I added to jabberd's init script to make it
delete files when jabberd starts didn't make it into 406.
Fixed in SVN.
Test Plan is the same as it was for bug# 179497.
Fixed in svn.
The berkeley database used by jabberd doesn't seem to like to work after jabberd
is reinstalled, so it needs to be removed when jabberd is started up. The db
doesn't contain any stateful information needed by osa-dispatcher or osad, so
the best solution seems to be to remove the files in /var/lib/jabberd/ every
time jabberd is started.
1. Install a 4.0.6 sat and make sure osa-dispatcher and jabberd are up and running.
2. Install osad on a client. Make sure osad is communicating fine by pinging it
via the link in the webui on the client's Details page and seeing that it responds.
3. Upgrade jabberd to the new version and restart jabberd.
4. Repeat 2 (reinstalling osad shouldn't be necessary).
5. ls /var/lib/jabberd/ and note the files that are present.
6. Restart jabberd and make sure that the files from step 5 got deleted. You may
have to depend on the last-modified dates on the files because jabberd will
immediately replace some of them when it starts back up.
Closing upon release of RHN 406