Description of problem:
When CD/DVD media is available, the anaconda installer for xen guest should use
it. This allows faster installations.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
1. use xen-guestinstall.py to install.
Steps to Reproduce:
2. It does not provide an option to point it to the local CD/DVD installation media.
Using local CD/DVD installation media is not possible.
An option should exist that allows local CD/DVD installation media to be used
while installating xen guest.
There's no mechanism to export CD devices to a paravirtualized guest, so this
isn't really possible. You could mount the DVD iso and NFS export it from the
host to the guest for something like this to work.
(In reply to comment #1)
> There's no mechanism to export CD devices to a paravirtualized guest, so this
> isn't really possible. You could mount the DVD iso and NFS export it from the
> host to the guest for something like this to work.
Is it possible to export the file system/directory as below? Just brain storming..
1. Unmount existing CD/DVD media. Assume CD/DVD drive is at /dev/hdd.
2. Change the guest config to use the phy media at /dev/hdd.
3. Boot the guest os.
4. Let anaconda know that installation media is at the new phy drive.