Bug 18286 - Library not found error after upgrade.
Library not found error after upgrade.
Status: CLOSED WORKSFORME
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: sendmail (Show other bugs)
7.0
i386 Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Florian La Roche
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2000-10-03 23:34 EDT by Need Real Name
Modified: 2008-05-01 11:37 EDT (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2000-10-09 11:24:09 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Need Real Name 2000-10-03 23:34:32 EDT
After upgrading from 6.2 to 7.0 sendmail failed at boot up saying it could 
not find /usr/lib/libsasl.so
Comment 1 Nalin Dahyabhai 2000-10-05 21:53:24 EDT
When upgrading, did you elect to install packages to satisfy dependencies?  The
libsasl dependency is new to this version of sendmail, but it is provided in the
cyrus-sasl package, which the installer should have offered to install for you.
Comment 2 Need Real Name 2000-10-09 11:24:05 EDT
Yes I did, all it showed was a devel package for a package I did not install 
(the package was something like mars, yp, anything usenet related, or imap; 
packages I did not install)
On another note, I was also getting errors with db1.so not being found 
(/usr/lib had a broken symbolic link.)
Comment 3 Florian La Roche 2001-08-23 03:24:28 EDT
On upgrade the sasl rpm should have been proposed to you. For the db1 errors,
you must file that against the db1 rpms.

Thanks,

Florian La Roche

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.