Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 184209
"Move window to workspace N" using keyboard shortcuts does not work
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:26 EST
Description of problem:
Ctrl-Alt-KP_N does not move the focused window to a particular workspace.
For example in XFCE Settings Manager -> Window Manager -> Keyboard the shortcut
assigned for "Move window to workspace 1" is Ctrl-Alt-KP_1, but pressing
Ctrl-Alt-KP_1 does not move the focused window to workspace 1.
Changing the assigned shortcut to Ctrl-Alt-1 for example doesn't work either -
e.g. the shortcut assigned is updated, but the windows still cannot be moved to
specified workspace using the keyboard shortcut.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open XFCE Settings Manager
2. Select "Window Manager"
3. Go to "Keyboard" tab
4. Select "Move window to workspace 1" and assign a shortcut for this action
5. Try to move a window to workspace 1 using the assigned shortcut
The window is not moved to the desired workspace
The window is moved to desired workspace (e.g. workspace 1 using Ctrl-Alt-KP_1)
I am seeing this here also on my laptop. Will investigate further and try and
track down the problem.
Thanks for the bugreport.
This bug was reported and fixed upstream:
It was fixed in the current development tree (which will become 4.4 once it's
released), so once thats released and new packages are spun up, it should be fixed.
For workarounds until then, I would suggest:
- Use the "Move window to Next workspace" or "Move window to Prev workspace"
shortcuts (which do work as expected) several times to move the window to the
- Use the right click on the window "send to" menu item to send the window to
the desired desktop.
- Use the Xfce panel Graphical Pager item to drag the small representation of
the window to the desired desktop.