Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 188127
Buggy NFS in new kernel
Last modified: 2009-05-13 06:04:47 EDT
Description of problem:
With the kernel 2.6.9-34.EL svn do not work on specific situations. (See
below.) The Error message will be:
svn: REPORT Anfrage fehlgeschlagen auf '/xxxx/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT von '/xxxx/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (https://svn.xx.xxxx.xx)
A small googeling points to problemes when proxy is used. But in my case no
proxy is be used (as you can see on the "https").
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 2.6.9-34.EL*
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Set up a NFS server under EL3 or 7.3
2. Set up a server which provides a svn repository over http or https
3. Set up a client workstation EL4 with kernel versuion 2.6.9-34.EL or
4. Mount your home (or whatever path) on the workstation from your older server
5. go to the mounted directory
6. try to checkout a svn from the above https repository
It fails with the error above
Well, of cause a checkout!
- The bug is independend of the locales
- The bug do not happens if the NFS server is a EL4 or a Sun
- The bug do not happens with older Kernel like 2.6.9-22.0.2.EL*
- The bug do not happens if the dir where you want to checkout is a local dir
- The bug is independend of subversion version. I also tried the newest self
- The bug do not happens if you use other repositories like svn+ssh or local
- The bug seems to also be relevant to other software. 'have several heisenbugs
with the new kernel I can not show how to reproduce.
This is likely a duplicate of bug #186142. Do you still see this problem on a
4.5 kernel (-55.EL)?
I am not aware to see the bug #186142 so I cannot check if the problem is the
We just have no EL3 server running right now. So to check if the bug is still
there or not is not possible at the moment. I have to setup a EL3 server first.
I've cc'ed you on BZ 186142, so you should be able to access it now. I'll leave
this in NEEDINFO state for now until you're able to test it.
For the record, I think this is a dupe of bug 187356, which was eventually
closed as a dupe of bug 186142.
No response in several months. I'm going to go ahead and close this case as a
dupe of 186142. Please reopen if you're still able to reproduce this on more
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 186142 ***
Yes, sorry for not answering.
The bug is not important for us anymore as we do not use EL3 anymore.
So if it is supposely fixed that is ok for me.