Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 192857
rhgb and ati-fglrx have a conflict
Last modified: 2008-03-18 14:33:57 EDT
Description of problem:
rhgb and ati-fglrx have a problem during boot. If rhgb does not shutdown then
ati-fglrx makes the screen blank.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Use kernel 2.6.16-1.2111_FC5smp or kernel 2.6.16-1.2122_FC5smp
2. Processor Intel T2400 (Core Duo 1.83 Ghz)
3. Graphics Card Radeon X1400
4. ati-fglrx drivers from rpm.livna.org
5. Boot the system in runlevel 5
6. If booted interactively X will start nicely.
I am experiencing the exact same problem. I am running an Acer Aspire 5670
laptop that also has a Radeon x1400 videocard. rhgb works fine, but when GDM is
supposed to come up the screen goes blank. If I press Ctrl+Alt+F1 and then
Ctrl+Alt+F7 then GDM will come up.
We no longer support Fedora Core 5 and I am currently trying to get my open bug
count down to a more manageable state. I'm going to close this bug as WONTFIX.
If this issue is still a concern for you, would you mind trying to reproduce on
a supported version of Fedora and reopening?
(this is a mass message)