I edited the wv.spec from 7.0 powertools to update to wv-0.6.1.
rpm -ba results in a segfault from gcc.
Attached: the spec file I used, and the output from the compilation.
Created attachment 4493 [details]
The spec file I used with rpm -ba wv.spec
Created attachment 4494 [details]
The output of rpm -ba wv.spec 2>&1 | tee wv.spec-2.log
Note: this is an upgraded RH system, with all updates applied, including
glibc-2.1.94-3.i686.rpm. This is a PIII.
I'm sorry I don't have time to produce a minimal program to reproduce this bug,
but perhaps you people may wish to follow this up.
The wv part should be fixed in wv 0.6.2 (at least wv developers told me),
the gcc segfault (gcc should obviously not crash even on bad input) is fixed
in 2.96-57 (in rawhide) and above and will appear in the next gcc errata.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 19392 ***