Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 198425
[cal]C 'n' P operation crash evolution in DayView
Last modified: 2013-07-02 20:37:44 EDT
Description of problem:
when try to paste data from Clipboard to Calender's DayView, it is not working,
with Ctrl+V, it also not working
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Everytime during paste in Dayview
Steps to Reproduce:
2. goto Calender
3. try to paste data by Right Clicking or Ctrl+V
nothing pasted in text area
it should print normally
ctrl + v does not works, but shift + inesert does works.
evo version - Gnome evolution-2.8 2.7.90
Just to clarify, this behavior is observed while editing an appointment summary
directly in day view, but not in the "Appointment" dialog window. Correct?
I am able to reproduce the problem in Evolution 2.7.91. Has a bug report been
Yes "Appointment" dialog window working fine, but problem only with day view
No, not yet filed in Upstream
Filed to upstream, please check
with evolution-2.7.92-6.fc6 Version:
if you copy (by Right Click) 1 entry to another entry it is ok (RIght Click/Ctrl+V)
(In reply to comment #6)
> with evolution-2.7.92-6.fc6 Version:
> if you copy (by Right Click) 1 entry to another entry it is ok (RIght
So it means its working fine or not?
Based on comment #5, this is important for all desktop users.
- The paste operation via right click, IMHO was designed to copy & paste full
appointments than text in those events.
- Right click > paste OR paste from ctrl+v does not crashes evo
Aman, can you please confirm the crash issue?
yes, that is checked with latest build and finding with you.
Created attachment 137030 [details]
backtrace after right-click on calendar
Retest copy and paste appointment in DayView of Canlendars, details are as below:
1. Launch Calendars via Application-Office-Calendar or press Ctrl+3 in Evolution.
2. Highlight an appointment in DayView, press Ctrl+C (if there is not any
appointment pls new one)
3. Press Ctrl+V.
4. Right-click an appointment, select Copy.
5. Right-click a blank time entry, select Paste.
3. It does not work via Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.
5. Copy/Paste provided by floating window does work well except a strange problem:
If the length of Summary and Description are more than 2 Chinese words，(English
is no problem)right-click | Copy and Paste does not work.
Summary Description Result
工作 工作 Work well
工作间 工作间 does not work
工作 工作间 work well
工作间 工作 work well
Closing as UPSTREAM since this has already been forwarded upstream. I will
continue to track the problem there. Please refer to  for further updates.